• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robycuvler

This is an issue in Florida/Georgia. I moved to Georgia from Florida in 2008, when I first moved (for a job) I had insurance, and i was getting ready to switch it over to Georgia insurance as well as a georgia license. I didn't have a lot of money at the time due to the move and let my Florida insurance lapse for a couple of weeks, during that time I totaled my vehicle. At the time of the accident it seemed an easy fix so I just had it towed to the fix-it shop to avoid the ticket of driving without insurance. Only when I got it there did I discover that the damage was a lot more severe. Then Florida suspended my license for not having insurance on this truck I owned. I'm still making payments on this truck that I own that I can't drive. It doesn't have insurance on it, my license is suspended due to that so I can't get it moved over to the state of Georgia.

I'm wondering what course of action could I take to get my license validated and moved to Georgia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">