• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petty theft PC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Californiasilly

Incident took place in: California
I had been filed under petty theft og $139 by JcPenny's Loss Prevention staff on Sept 13. I received Civil Demand Letter 1 month later, and I paid for the amount required immediately.
However, I have not received warrant until now (3months already).The Loss Prevention staff from JcPenny's told me that I should get a warrant in a bout a month for me to set up a cort date and go to court.
So
I called the court office, and they said that it shows that I committed theft, BUT it says "SUSPENDED". Then I went to the police office, and talked to two different ladies.
One is more serious and not that kind, told me that I will go to the court.
Another lady who is more detailed and friendly, told me that she sees my case there on the computer, but they have not put charges on me. And she says that if I paid my civil demand already, then there is nothing I need to worry about.

Which of these two different statements are true?
Or in toehr words, what should I really expect? (notice that my "case" has been suspended, and there is no charges on me yet)

Here, I want to apology, although I do not know how to do it well because I know that this is something shameful. I just want to get my normal life back, wihtout having to worry about this, and promise to be a someone better, because after this incident, I appreciate my life more. I hope that people can read more about shoplifting incidents, and learn that its not worthy. Being mentally in peace, and without a dirty background record that allows you to have access to all the oportunities in life is the MOST IMPORTANT things. Dont risk your future for a little bit of money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">