• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment (Agrieve Party)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iwillsurvive74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm a defendant for an annulment. The petitioner is my husband, the basis is nullity of voidable marriage based on -prior existing marriage(fam code 2210(b).*It has an annulment date/ file of 11/04/10 and had a date 11/16/10 (Superioir Court of California County of Los Angeles).*What do I need to do, It says here I have to file a response.*

When we got Married 2007. I married him*believing he's single. Since,*He's my first boyfriend, I have to make sure his single,so he showed me some*Identifications and proof that he is single on his ID(green card & etc) during our courtship stage. He declared upon entering here in the US that he is single, I was wrong.

3 Months after our wedding(2008) & im*6 wks pregnant I found out via National Statistics Office(through my parents) from our country that he is *married to the mother of his 2 sons -which *I found out that he has, wks before our so called wedding, and later on found out that he also has a daughter with, now he has 3 kids.*

He showed me documents that the said marriage(twice to the same woman) that it was already cancelled and that everything is in order. Me, the ever faithful and loving wife believed him. He didn't want me to work(the fact that my visa stay had lapsed)and the promise that we're goin to work it out. I stayed home to be his *fulltime wife and attend to his every needs. Not until mos ago I found out*
that he is still very much married...that theres no
Annulment that being process...back home and that all this time he's been decieving me,again.*

*We don't have kids,had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago, we dont have property. With all the deception and being brokenhearted, he has the nerve to treaten*me(text) bout my status.I don't want anything from him, all I want is to have peace and move on with my life. All I want is...this to be over and done with.

Help please. Thank you.***What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

I just looked at my green-card (PR card). There is no mention of marital status at all.

This alone leaves me confused.

That aside though, I think you need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.

iwillsurvive74

I just looked at my green-card (PR card). There is no mention of marital status at all.

This alone leaves me confused.

That aside though, I think you need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
****************. ********

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is,he showed(green card, Drivers lic, passport)for Identification purposes without me asking bout it. Anyways, I know it was all my fault I didn't have him background check in the firstplace.

Guess, I have to consult an Atty.

mistoffolees

Guess, I have to consult an Atty.
Absolutely.

However, since your husband is the one responsible for the problem, I would hope that your attorney would petition the court to have your husband pay all your expenses.

Also talk with your attorney about the possibility of filing criminal charges.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm wondering why OP would be the defendant, if her husband is the one who committed bigamy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm wondering why OP would be the defendant, if her husband is the one who committed bigamy.
That is what I was wondering. Because HE does not have grounds to get an annullment. He however would have just admitted to a felony in court papers. She has grounds based on the bigamy for an annullment. But he does not. Confusion reigns supreme.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">