• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transfering auto ins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ITLGROW

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL.
What is the time alloted to transfer existing auto ins to a new car? I bought a new car how much time do i have to transfer the ins over.?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL.
What is the time alloted to transfer existing auto ins to a new car? I bought a new car how much time do i have to transfer the ins over.?
What did your insurance agent say when asked?

ITLGROW

the ins company is out of indiana and they say 72 hours . but i got a ins ticket in il bacause i didnt have ins transfered

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
the ins company is out of indiana and they say 72 hours . but i got a ins ticket in il bacause i didnt have ins transfered
Get proof that your vehicle was covered at the time you were issued the ticket. Take that proof to court with you.

aldaron

Your current policy in effect at the time of purchase will cover you**************..my policy (or CO law?) gives me 3 days to update the policy. I suppose in case you buy a car on a friday night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">