• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment/ Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LaurahSullivan

slc, utah: My husband's company sent him out of state(colarado)to do a job for them(construction)in which he suffered a accute pendicitis, he was admitted for emergency surgery.I spoke to the doctor and he said it was life threating that he advised against transporting him to a provider hospital.Bottomline is the insuraance company only paid 80%,because it was a non provider hospital so we got stuck with $3000.oo. I feel that my husband was not over there by choice, and had he been here in SLC, He would have been covered at 100%. I feel his company should pick up the rest of the bill except for the ded, That would of been our responsibilties.I want to take his company to small claims, What do you think my chances of winning are?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LaurahSullivan said:
slc, utah: My husband's company sent him out of state(colarado)to do a job for them(construction)in which he suffered a accute pendicitis, he was admitted for emergency surgery.I spoke to the doctor and he said it was life threating that he advised against transporting him to a provider hospital.Bottomline is the insuraance company only paid 80%,because it was a non provider hospital so we got stuck with $3000.oo. I feel that my husband was not over there by choice, and had he been here in SLC, He would have been covered at 100%. I feel his company should pick up the rest of the bill except for the ded, That would of been our responsibilties.I want to take his company to small claims, What do you think my chances of winning are?
My response:

Was going out of town to do work for the company part of his "normal" work duties ?

Just remember that win, lose or draw, be aware that if you don't care whether or not your husband works for the company any longer, that they could, and probably will, at some point down the line, let him go for any number of reasons - that may "look" legitimate. Their attitude will be, "He shouldn't have bitten the hand that feeds him".

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 04-20-2001 at 12:05 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">