• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you be arrested when accused of destruction of property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wilrmal2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My wifes' daughter was living with us again when I got out of jail. I was found not guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. The daughter has never worked a full time job and Carol(wife) has always given in to her demands until now. Her daughter moved out when she did not want to follow house rules I had put down. Clean up after yourself, get room clean, keep my trucks clean after using them, etc. She hit me after reading my house rules and left with her boyfriend. We had no phones at the time so I could not call the police. I blew that off. She came back a couple of weeks later to start getting her stuff out of the garage and back patio. That's when she started threatening her mother about her job and said her stuff was destroyed by syrup. She said she was going to have me arrested for destruction of property if mom did not give her a thousand dollars. She also said that she would go to the nursing board and get Carol fired if the money did not show. She is a very mean person and Carol is scared of her. I want her to be exposed for the person she really is. We do not have money for her daughter. I don't like blackmail. Carol has supported her and her kids since 2003, except when her boyfriend would pay her rent. Should Carol be concerned?

Last edited:

anearthw

She can make a complaint to the police about some sort of mischief. Yes, technically, Carol could be arrested depending on what her daughter says to the police but I highly doubt the complaint will be taken seriously. In my experience, it's quite common for people to allege these sorts of complaints but they are quickly dismissed due to the lack of credibility.

You would be better of protecting yourself and your property by cutting this person out of your life or at the very least, get a phone to contact the police when she gets out of control. She may be an idiot but your wife is an enabler.

wilrmal2

Thank you

We both now have phones, but her daughter calls her work at least once a week and says if Carol does not give her the money she is going to the cops and nursing board. Carol knows now that she has been an enabler. Carol did not teach this to her daughter. Carol thought she was helping her grandkids. She understands why me and her daughter never got along. Her daughter also got pregnant by a cowboy whose parents have money. He is their only grandson. The girl is smart in a bad way. Oh, after she got pregnant, she took up with the cowboys' best friend. Thanks again for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">