• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Separation Agreement Useable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not 2 Crazy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My husband and I were legally separated around 11 years ago. He moved back in with me 7 years ago. We never cancelled the original separation agreement we filed with the state.

We are separating again (permanently) but not yet divorcing. Can we still use the original separation agreement or would he have had to have a separate mailing address that entire time?

Thanks.

LdiJ

My husband and I were legally separated around 11 years ago. He moved back in with me 7 years ago. We never cancelled the original separation agreement we filed with the state.

We are separating again (permanently) but not yet divorcing. Can we still use the original separation agreement or would he have had to have a separate mailing address that entire time?

Thanks.
I think that you should probably consult a local attorney for the answer on that one. Its going to be very state specific.

Bali Hai

Thanks.
Were you and your husband legally separated in the state of NJ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">