• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

throwaway

NY

I just got a criminal court summons. My dog got out of my fenced in yard apparently wonder down the street and barked at the crossing guard lady at the school down the street from my house. The official charge was "permitting a dog to be at large." A violation of city ordinances. I've never been to court or an arraignment before and I was wondering what to expect?

NY

I just got a criminal court summons. My dog got out of my fenced in yard apparently wonder down the street and barked at the crossing guard lady at the school down the street from my house. The official charge was "permitting a dog to be at large." A violation of city ordinances. I've never been to court or an arraignment before and I was wondering what to expect?
Expect to be charged with something. Ask for time to get an attny (even if you dont want one). Beware of what you say, it may be used against you in a civil trial. In an arraignment you enter your plea: guilty or not guilty .... you can get this continued to look for an attny. Whats the penalty for this , I would expect $10,000.00 in this day of age. A dog barked at a crossing guard? Oh my, your the new Caligula ... waste of taxpayer dollars here. Remember, you currently have no idea what evidence they have against you so only ask for a continuance at this point...until you learn more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">