• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

constitutional rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wansons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Is it against my constitutional rights for my employer to tell me that I can't bring food to work to share with others that is not cooked in an approved sanitary facility (ie restaurant or retail store)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Is it against my constitutional rights for my employer to tell me that I can't bring food to work to share with others that is not cooked in an approved sanitary facility (ie restaurant or retail store)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I dont see an amendment that would cover this ... your kidding right?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. It is not against your constitutional rights for your employer to tell you that you can't bring food to work to share with others that is not cooked in an approved sanitary facility (ie restaurant or retail store).

Hot Topic

There's nothing in the Constitution that says an employer can't forbid an employee from bring home cooked food to the office.

An employer has the right to be concerned that home cooked food brought to work could sicken employees if not prepared properly, possibly resulting in lawsuits as well as the temporary loss of sickened personnel.

BOR

Read OP other thread. ;)
Yes, but the 1st 2 Amendments to the Bill of Rights of the original 12 were not ratified at that time, it could be one of those, ha!

Poster, NO, the Bill of Rights RARELY, but can, yes, bind a private entity, if the question is genuine.

Yours is NOT one of those rare cases.

Dillon

its about the employers property rights protected by the constitution.

Tell the employer the food was prepared in an approved sanitary facility, just dont tell him it was only apporved by you ! LOL

Just because food is prepared in a so-called sanitary facility does not mean its sanitary.

its my understanding, more people report getting sick with restaurant food than from food prepared at home !

If anyone volunteers to eat food you prepare, they cant prevail in a lawsuit. - if no neligence on your part.

its my understanding, the maxim in law is: one who volunteers cant claim a damage.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Tell the employer the food was prepared in an approved sanitary facility, just dont tell him it was only apporved by you !
And be prepared for your employer to ask where it was prepared and then be prepared to pick up your last paycheck once your employer finds out your playing games with them and wasting their time.

Dillon

And be prepared for your employer to ask where it was prepared and then be prepared to pick up your last paycheck once your employer finds out your playing games with them and wasting their time.
i would tell the employer its my policy not to share that information, but is was prepared in an approved sanitary facility?

i would exercise my right to remain silent on that issue. LOL

i am under no obligation to tell any employer, where i purchase or prepare my food, U think?

this employer may have hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety disorder) refers to excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness.

Perky

i would tell the employer its my policy not to share that information, but is was prepared in an approved sanitary facility?

i am under no obligation to tell any employer, where i purchase or prepare my food, U think?

this employer may have hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety disorder) refers to excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness.
Would that be before or after you picked up your last paycheck? :rolleyes:

You need a new hobby.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl

QUOTE]

And your employer is under no obligation to continue to employ you if you refuse.

Dillon

sounds, like this employer might have mental health issues.

as an employer, i would never concern myself with this, who cares where or how employees prepare or share their meals.
get a life !!!

i would contact the NY State office of mental heallth about this issue.

also this sounds like it could be a case of "Hostile Work Environment ".

Workplace Bullying:

(A) Is driven by perpetrators' need to control the targeted individual(s)

(B) Is initiated by bullies who choose targets, timing, place and methods

(C) Escalates to involve others who side with the bully, either voluntarily through coercion, and it

(D) Undermines legitimate business interests when bullies' personal agendas take precedence over work itself.

Bullying, general workplace harassment is more prevalent than it’s more famous and illegal special varieties--sexual harassment and racial discrimination. A recent reliable study estimates that approximately 1 in 6 U.S. workers have directly experienced destructive bullying in the past year. According to a year 2000 scientific sample of State of Michigan residents, Bullying transcends gender. Half of all bullies (58%) are women. Half of all bullying is woman-on-woman. Women comprise 80% of targets. The vast majority of bullies (71%) are bosses. [From WBI research surveys that can be reviewed along with research by others.]

Bullies bully because they can; they do so with impunity. The complex answer to why bullies bully can be reduced to 3 factors:

(A) Some workplaces pit worker against worker in zero-sum (cutthroat) competitive work arrangements

(B) Machiavellian types (who live to manipulate others to accomplish their own goals) see the opportunities

(C) In bullying-prone workplaces, employers reward the aggression with promotions and rewards.

Bullies are rarely psychopathic, but are always narcissistic and Machiavellian.

Last edited:

justalayman

Dillon;2714773]

(A) Is driven by perpetrators' need to control the targeted individual(s)
for some odd reason, I thought that was the accepted role of a boss, you know, to control the workforce

(B) Is initiated by bullies who choose targets, timing, place and methods
and generally, the boss does get to choose each of those because, as I said, they do control the workforce

(C) Escalates to involve others who side with the bully, either voluntarily through coercion, and it
and you saw that in this thread somewhere?

(D) Undermines legitimate business interests when bullies' personal agendas take precedence over work itself.
and you know this restriction is not a legitimate business interest?

Bullies bully because they can; they do so with impunity. The complex answer to why bullies bully can be reduced to 3 factors:
but bosses boss because that is their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">