• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michelle215

Ohio

Legal firm obtained a writ of possession for the home that I rent.

The writ states that they represent a bank that removed itself from the foreclosure and that the writ is for that bank.

Why would the judge sign without verification?

What type of Motion do I file to stop the writ of possession?

latigo

Ohio Legal firm obtained a writ of possession for the home that I rent.The writ states that they represent a bank that removed itself from the foreclosure and that the writ is for that bank.
Why would the judge sign without verification? What type of Motion do I file to stop the writ of possession?
It sounds like the bank did satisfy the court that it had a possessory right to the property following its foreclosure action. And the Writ of Possession was issued by the court and directed to the sheriff upon the bank’s request for it.

To learn whether as a renter you are afforded any protection under the federal HFSTHA (Help Families Save Their Homes Act), you should review your situation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">