• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my husbands last name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tangeebennage

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? iowa
when my husband got a divorce from his 1st wife 10 yers ago in the divorce she changed her last name back to her maiden name. my husband and i got married 5 year ago. shortly after we married, she married someone too and took her new husbands name. now she is divorcing her new husband and wants to take my husbands last name again. Can she do that, is there anything we can do?

Proserpina

when my husband got a divorce from his 1st wife 10 yers ago in the divorce she changed her last name back to her maiden name. my husband and i got married 5 year ago. shortly after we married, she married someone too and took her new husbands name. now she is divorcing her new husband and wants to take my husbands last name again. Can she do that, is there anything we can do?

It's not your husband's name.

She can call herself Flibbertygibbit McArthur if she wishes - it's frankly none of your husband's business.

Even if his name is General McArthur.

Just Blue

Why do you care?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">