• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BLACKLISTING! ! !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alico

indiana,
my former employer is giving bad references to my potential employers. i know that what he is saying is not true. he has costed me two high paying jobs that would have otherwise hired me. there is no other supervisors anyone could talk to because, he's the owner and it's a small business. i had a managers position when i worked there and would hear him give bad references about former employees, statements that i knew were false. i need a job bad. how could it posssibly be fair to mess with someone's future that way. bottom line i worked very hard for him,always on time,gave my all, was never late, and never called off! he is lying! lying! lying! i have everything to lose.

A

Always searching

I would if I were you, go see an employment attorney. The consultation is free and you can discuss your problem. He or she can mail letters to your former employers that state that if anything beyond your name, title, years worked and rate of pay is given out, a lawsuit will ensue. As with all things, doing this yourself will not hold the power that a letter from an attorney will. Then when you don't get a job from the next company and find out that they said something about you, they will get slapped with a lawsuit and no company wants that. It is sad that this has come about for you like this, however, if you go at this agressively, then the former company will be afraid to say anything. Not a wisper will be said, trust me on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">