• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Warranty Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martyscotti

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I have a leased vehicle, in which the warranty is valid until March of 2011.

About a month ago, the car developed a noise in the engine. I brought it to the dealership. They asked to see proof of oil changes and any other service invoices, I supplied them with the proper receipts, The service repmade the assumption that the receipts were not valid (which they were). And on that assuption, they would not honor the warranty. At this time, the vehichle is still at the dealership. What options do I have? What should I do?

Thank you,

Marty Scotti

Write a letter to the company via their registered agent and send them a demand letter. It they do not reply, have the car serviced somewhere else & sue them..

justalayman

Contact the owner of the car. Leases arranged through dealers are often arranged through the financial branch of that manufacture. The are who actually buys the car and then leases it to you. They would have a vested interest the car be maintained properly and would have more clout than an individual would.

You can also call what is called a "zone rep" which is actually a representative of the manufacturer. The dealership is a separate and privately owned company but they are under contract with the manufacturer to act in a specific manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">