• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valet Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scarlo

I'm in Colorado and my car was damaged after I left it with the hotel valet, they are refusing my claim by saying the damage was already present when I arrived which is a blatant lie. What can I do???

justalayman

Even that may not be enough. Depending on who caused the damage,the valet service may not have any liability for damages incurred while it was in their possession.

Scarlo

I do have a witness who saw me pulling into the hotel garage leaving it with the valet service, plus the hotel video will show me going into the garage twice with no rear end damage. I just can't believe the valet service would lie about it when there IS video of my vehicle with absolutely NO damage.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I do have a witness who saw me pulling into the hotel garage leaving it with the valet service, plus the hotel video will show me going into the garage twice with no rear end damage. I just can't believe the valet service would lie about it when there IS video of my vehicle with absolutely NO damage.
What proof do you have that the valet folks CAUSED the damage?

Scarlo

Just my witness who watched me pull into the garage and the hotel video. I would hope that that's enough.

justalayman

you have a video of the vehicle actually being damaged and it is the valet's fault?

Then by all means, get an estimate and send a demand letter.

Scarlo

That is one thing I'm fighting for, is to view the video that allegedly shows "prior" damage. All my attempts thus far have gone unanswered and have been given the run around....does anyone know how I can get a proprty damage lawyer pro bono? :(

justalayman

not really. Just like everybody else, they like to eat to so they generally don't tend to do a lot of work for free.

but you are also missing the point: not only would you have to show it was damaged while in their care but you would also have to prove their liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">