• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Subpoena information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trying2BFairPlz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

I am in the process of divorce and doing it on my own. My ex went to vocational school, but is denying it. Is it possible to subpoena their educational records from the vocational college? I am not sure which form to use or if I can use any form;The school is in another state.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

I am in the process of divorce and doing it on my own. My ex went to vocational school, but is denying it. Is it possible to subpoena their educational records from the vocational college? I am not sure which form to use or if I can use any form;The school is in another state.
Why is it relevant to your divorce?

LdiJ

Ex perhaps claiming no education in order to get some/more spousal support...lower earning capacity and all that.

That's one guess...
Possibly, but I would still like to know why...and how long ago the vocational school was.

Trying2BFairPlz

My husband graduated college in June of this year and wants me to pay alimony. He is denying that he even went to vocational college. I need proof that he went to school and earned a degree. But I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Thanks

mistoffolees

My husband graduated college in June of this year and wants me to pay alimony. He is denying that he even went to vocational college. I need proof that he went to school and earned a degree. But I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Thanks
Subpoena his records from the school.

(Are you sure he graduated? Or maybe he didn't graduate but simply told you that to satisfy his own ego?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">