• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Miss Lead into Liabilty cover pending photos for comprehensive and collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phdwizard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I purchase a insurance policy for my vehicle which also has a lien on it. When I spoke with insurance broker, I very clearly stated that I needed full coverage on the vehicle, because it was financed. The Agent assured me quickly that it wouldnt be a problem. The policy was being written over the phone.The Agent said she would send the policy via email and I could electronically sign the documents through their new "DocuSign" service. While still on the phone with the Agent, I quickly noticed the document wouldnt let me sign. After 3 times resending the policy through email, I was finally able to sign the policy electronically. I also failed to read the policy, because I was focused on trying to sign it. After the Agent receives the signed policy, she informs me that they need to take photos of the vehicle, but doesnt tell me until they obtain photos I am only covered with Liability. The agent doesnt even stress to me the importance of get this and says I can get the photos taken at my convenience. The Agent emails me my temporary insurance card and I believe I'm good to go, until I get into an accident, try to file my claim, and the Agent informs me I only have liability because photos were not taken.

So I made sure an internal investigation was started within the Insurance company, because I am disputing that I was lead to believe I had comprehensive and collision. Recently I submitted a Request for Assistance Form into the CDI ( California Department of Insurance ) for another investigation.

So finally, I am here wanting to get advise if the anything else I can do. And maybe, what is the likeliness that I "Win" my cases?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

I dont understand your question. Limitation?
A "limitation" as in: "does you policy state that full coverage is not in effect until pictures of the vehicle are taken"... ?

And was there some sort of police report that was made when the "accident" happened?

phdwizard

From what the Agent said, there was an internal note in their system stating that pending pictures makes the policy "full coverage". Yes there was a police report.

phdwizard

I looked at the policy I recently received in the mail and it doesnt have any notations or "limitations". Because this done through a Broker the insurance company actually 3way called the broker Agent with me on the line to clarify my coverage. The policy just looks like a regular "only liability" policy...

justalayman

then tell them to show you in your policy where there there is a limitation to your policy until some further action takes place (sending in the pictures).

tammy8

I have never known a *800* company that does not require pictures before affording full coverage. Wonder if the agent has a recording of your sale?

phdwizard

I am a returning customer of theirs. My original policy lapsed while I was out of town. I tried to reinstate it as soon as I could, which was 7 days after the lapse date, but the said it "unusually quickly" closed. They said the had to rewrite after that. I added the car to my policy after buying off the lot, so they didnt require pictures. Im guessing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">