• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nevada Law- Can I get out of my Used Car Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shortlira

Las Vegas, Nevada

I signed and took delivery on a used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant on 3/28/2001. I was very pressured and was told different finance interest rates that I would qualify for. The salesperson and I, with my girlfriend as witness agreed verbally that out the door price with taxes would be $16,000.00. On contract final price, contract states $16,000 plus taxes for a total of $17,500 The contract states 16.71% but was told that I would qualify for 14%. The next day I placed a stop payment on down payment check and went to dealership. I spoke to General manager , whom informed me that I signed contract and they would not take car back.I explained that I verbally agreed with saleperson on out the door price and was very upset that they had pressured me and misled me to sign contract. I spoke with general manager again on 4/4/2001 and once again was told they would not take car back. I left car at dealership and two hours later it was driven to my apartment complex left unlocked with keys in ignition. Now I am being told by bank that they have sent dealer a check for finance amount of 15,300 and the down payment and any request to give car back would have to be directed to finance director with dealer. I spoke to finance director and ws told that they will not take car back and down payment check is guaranteed by an outside check company. I explaiend to the finance director that the slip also refferd to as a promissory note my copy is not signed by me, and that if their copy is signed it must have been forged, becaus I never signed. He said that it did not matter and colection agency would come after money. Can you anyone help?

S

Song

I have almost identical dispute with a dealer in Colorado. They tricked me into a deal I didnt intend. I contended that the contract is illegal in my case. Lawrat's opinnion at the time was very helpful knowing that I am not crazy. So far I was able to fend off two collectors and a finance company. Its just me and the dealer finally after four months. Its not over yet. I am not sure if I would like to tackle it myself again though.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=37120

[Edited by Song on 04-29-2001 at 01:54 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">