• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andy819

Well first off I live in kansas. About a week ago my friend and I were pulled over for crossing the line at an intersection. I received the paper work and was asked to step out of the car. He said since your breath faintly smells of alcohol can I search your car? I said you. He than searched my car and found my friends home made pipe and a case of snus chew. He asked if the snus was mine. I said yes. (I was unaware amy weed was in their) he than tells us to sit in the car and gives each of us a ticket.

I previously had a possession charge when I was a minor and completed diversion under a year ago. I am now 18. This was the last time I smoked. Starting college soon so I can't deal with this....I need help!

Edit: inside the snus can was less than a gram.

Last edited:

justalayman

well, was the snus yours? If so, what's the excuse of you not knowing it was there? If no, why would you cop to ownership when it wasn't?

and why do people so easily give up their rights? Unless you were under the influence at a level to be illegal, you kind of cooked your own goose by allowing the search.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">