• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long will my neighbor be in jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

There were loud sirens and then 6 police cars pulled up right in front of my apt. today!!!!!:eek: They handcuffed my neighbor and took him away. I just checked to see what he was charged with. Cocaine-possession with intent to sell. Flee/eluding police and moving traffic violation while driver's license suspended. This neighbor has always been kind to me. I am curious as to how long he will probably be in jail.:confused: Thanks for any estimates.

FlyingRon

He could get anywhere between three years and life depending on his history and how much cocaine they caught him with.

anearthw

It is impossible to say because prison sentences vary according to criminal history as well. If he is a first-time offender (unlikely based on his crimes - they are not common for first-timer's) then he would almost certainly get less prison time than a person who has done that song & dance before the courts many times.

There are various charges which could apply but in general, he's probably looking at 5-15 for flight (depending on aggravating factors, if he killed or injured anyone that changes too), and anywhere from 3-life for the cocaine. The possession with intent to sell varies to the extreme based on amounts, location, etc. I don't think the driver's license is much of an issue when compared to the others.

Basically he is toast :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">