• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted in AL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosszman2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

was arrested yesterday got MJ posses 2nd degree, drug parph. The cops here got a warrant for "Probable cause of MJ possesion 2nd degree". Im a 26 year old college student w no previous record. My first name was on a ledger found in a house that was raided and I was also on the suspects that could be in the house at the time of search. These f#%ks kicked in the door at my parents house and completely ruined the house. I need some advice of what kind of trouble im looking at and if theres any loopholes that I could possible fall into with a bs warrant. I got caught with 2oz (one bag) and scales and baggies. They wanted to get me for distribution but i guess they didnt have enough evidence. How are they able to get a warrant and have 17 dif officers in my house and not be held responsilbe for wasting tax dollars for personal use?.... this has got me so fired up i guess getting woken up with a shotgun on your forehead will do that, so needless to say I need someone that has some good advice to offer, and no im not going to snitch anyone out (snitches get stiches). thanks for your time,
Ross

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

was arrested yesterday got MJ posses 2nd degree, drug parph. The cops here got a warrant for "Probable cause of MJ possesion 2nd degree". Im a 26 year old college student w no previous record. My first name was on a ledger found in a house that was raided and I was also on the suspects that could be in the house at the time of search. These f#%ks kicked in the door at my parents house and completely ruined the house. I need some advice of what kind of trouble im looking at and if theres any loopholes that I could possible fall into with a bs warrant. I got caught with 2oz (one bag) and scales and baggies. They wanted to get me for distribution but i guess they didnt have enough evidence. How are they able to get a warrant and have 17 dif officers in my house and not be held responsilbe for wasting tax dollars for personal use?.... this has got me so fired up i guess getting woken up with a shotgun on your forehead will do that, so needless to say I need someone that has some good advice to offer, and no im not going to snitch anyone out (snitches get stiches). thanks for your time,
Ross
Well isn't that a drib little diatribe. You are a college student, I should say, you were a college student that made some poor decisions. You were caught with 2 ounces, scales, and ziploc bags. by your own admission. Do you expect anyone to believe that you weren't selling that marijuana?

Do you really think the police got their warrant from simply finding your name on a drug dealers ledger? Are you really that convoluted? Someone that didn't go to college, but is somehow much smarter than you, dropped your name with zero hesitation. You are now facing a Class A misdemeanor and another misdemeanor for the paraphernalia charge. Your license is going to be suspended for 6 months and you are looking at the potential for thousands of dollars in fines.

There are no legal loopholes I can see and you have anything but the whole story posted in this forum.

The best thing for you to do is beg mommy and daddy to get you a lawyer. You need one.

rosszman2

no mommy or daddy here buddy, Instead of spending your two cents just keep it in your pocket, im asking for good information, it doesnt matter if i was selling or what, what matters is what I was caught with (by the way since you dont have a clue what your spouting about im facing a felony)

rosszman2

Well isn't that a drib little diatribe. You are a college student, I should say, you were a college student that made some poor decisions. You were caught with 2 ounces, scales, and ziploc bags. by your own admission. Do you expect anyone to believe that you weren't selling that marijuana?

Do you really think the police got their warrant from simply finding your name on a drug dealers ledger? Are you really that convoluted? Someone that didn't go to college, but is somehow much smarter than you, dropped your name with zero hesitation. You are now facing a Class A misdemeanor and another misdemeanor for the paraphernalia charge. Your license is going to be suspended for 6 months and you are looking at the potential for thousands of dollars in fines.

There are no legal loopholes I can see and you have anything but the whole story posted in this forum.

The best thing for you to do is beg mommy and daddy to get you a lawyer. You need one.
good thing you have no clue what your talking about,im not worried about what anyone believes, its only what I was caught with. All im asking for is what kind advice can anyone offer as for as attorneys to hire?

ERAUPIKE

good thing you have no clue what your talking about,im not worried about what anyone believes, its only what I was caught with. All im asking for is what kind advice can anyone offer as for as attorneys to hire?
You posted that you were charged with "MJ posses 2nd degree" which left some room for error. You are right that does change the dynamics of your situation quite a bit.

What statute were you charged with? Is this your second conviction?

Either way, the felony charge I believe you were charged with can carry a penalty of 1 year in prison to 10 years.

If you don't have mommy and daddy, then why did the police kick down your parents door and wake you up?

The judge is going to care and want to know what you had the marijuana for. It will have a significant weight on your sentencing.

You need a lawyer.

If you had any student loans, you won't be eligible to receive anymore after your conviction. You will be required to begin paying back any that you have already received as well. Good luck.

rosszman2

so do I need to withdraw from school and weather this out to avoid getting screwed ? how does that work...if i withdraw and im found guilty im not a sudent correct?

Peligroso

so do I need to withdraw from school and weather this out to avoid getting screwed ? how does that work...if i withdraw and im found guilty im not a sudent correct?
Let me take a stab at this.

If I had put myself in your situation I would dedicate every resource I have to my criminal defense. You may want to consider the following. A drug conviction will disqualify you for most, if not all, financial aid. Employers are not known for hiring convicted felons very often.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Maybe you just don't understand the weight and effect on your life this conviction will have. If you withdraw from school and are found guilty then you will not be a student. You will also not be eligible to receive any financial aid still.

If you are offered a deal, it may be in your best interest to take it. Snitches may get stitches but they also get to graduate from college and become productive members of society.

Hire an attorney.

Last edited:

rosszman2

im in the process of selecting an atty now. my arraignment is 1/18, the courts are very backed up right now and it could be a year before trial(if it goes there). I understand the consequenes of my actions, all I want to know if I should withdraw before im charged with anything, the arrest did not happen while i was in school (break) how does it work if I withdraw now , get charged, then reaaply for school, couldnt that technically beat being charged "while being a student"? anyone with any information please chime in.
And please stop talking to me like im a murderer, I got busted with some weed, I have a 3.5 gpa ..im not an idiot

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
im in the process of selecting an atty now. my arraignment is 1/18, the courts are very backed up right now and it could be a year before trial(if it goes there). I understand the consequenes of my actions, all I want to know if I should withdraw before im charged with anything, the arrest did not happen while i was in school (break) how does it work if I withdraw now , get charged, then reaaply for school, couldnt that technically beat being charged "while being a student"? anyone with any information please chime in.
And please stop talking to me like im a murderer, I got busted with some weed, I have a 3.5 gpa ..im not an idiot
Yes you are an idiot; you got busted for weed in spite of a 3.5 GPA. You were stupid enough to run with people who write down their drug deals (according to your own story). :rolleyes:

ERAUPIKE

No, it doesn't work like that. You have an arraignment, you have already been charged with a crime. The arraignment is simply a formal way to notify you of the crime you are being charged with.

You are a 26 year old college student that still lives at home and sells weed out of your parents house. Your GPA will have no bearing on your trial and apparently had no bearing on your actions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why do you think that withdrawing from school will have any bearing on the charge against you?

Some Random Guy

To be clear, being "charged while a student" is not the issue. Its "trying to get financial aid after being convicted of a drug charge". Dropping out will not benefit you.

However, you should take a serious look at your future plans and determine if you need to switch majors. Some carreer choices are definitely gone with a felony conviction

rosszman2

not going to be charged with a felony. we have drug court that will drop it after completion, anyone ith any legit advice on how to beat a bs warrant "probable cause or marijuana'

rosszman2

Yes you are an idiot; you got busted for weed in spite of a 3.5 GPA. You were stupid enough to run with people who write down their drug deals (according to your own story). :rolleyes:
i smoke herb, you and your narrow minded views can keep your 2 cents in your pocket

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">