• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheritence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjrdema

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Dad died in 95 leaving everything to my stepmother. Stepmother died last week leaving everything that my dad saved to their 3 children. there are 5 more children from my dad and mom. are these 5 children entitled to inherit any money from my stepmother. thanks this is in new jersey

nextwife

No. If your dad wished to make sure you recieved anything, he had to leave it to you himself. His estate has now been distributed in accordance with with his will, and is no longer his.

latigo

Unfortunately for you and your full siblings, non-adopted stepchildren have no given right of inheritance from the estate of a non-adopting stepparent.

TrustUser

this is one of the situations where a/b trusts come in very handy (assuming that dad would liked to have given something to the children of his prior wife)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">