• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident... no license, not "at fault"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haid

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Massachusetts

My brother was in a car accident, and he is unlicensed. He was coming down to a small intersection (Speeding was no issue), and a vehicle was coming from his right, and apparently failed to stop at a stop sign. Now, assuming this other person is in fact found to have not stopped, what would be the worst that could happen? When I asked one of the officers on scene ( I live 2 minutes from where to happened so I ran up there), I was told that he may not have been able to stop, due to the road conditions. Which is difficult to swallow. Knowing the roads are slippery, one would think one would take further precautions when approaching a stop sign.

My mothers jeep was pretty much wrecked, with the drive shaft which was effected. No injuries to either party.

Yes, had my brother been smart and NOT driven without a license, this would not have happened. I am just wondering how the insurance company would view this. Is the unlicensed driver a deciding factor, assuming, again, the other party was at fault?

Thank you for reading.

Betty

Your brother being unlicensed would not be a factor in determining fault
for the accident. If the other party was at fault, they were at fault. That's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">