• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIC ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

target19

I'm an 18 yr old college student who was hanging out and drinking a little with some friends on campus last night 12/28/2010. Some of my friends left to go home and got pulled over by the police. They were going to get charged with a DUI but the police officers told them they would get a plea bargain if they told them where we were at. So..I was asleep on the couch (not passed out, just asleep) and I wake up to 3 or 4 police officers searching the house and writing tickets. The police lady asked me if I had been drinking I said I had a smirnoff and 2 keystones. She wrote me a ticket for an MIC but she wrote the date as 1/28/2010. So that would mean that this was in JANUARY of this year. Could I get this cancelled in any way?

proud_parent

I'm an 18 yr old college student who was hanging out and drinking a little with some friends on campus last night 12/28/2010. Some of my friends left to go home and got pulled over by the police. They were going to get charged with a DUI but the police officers told them they would get a plea bargain if they told them where we were at. So..I was asleep on the couch (not passed out, just asleep) and I wake up to 3 or 4 police officers searching the house and writing tickets. The police lady asked me if I had been drinking I said I had a smirnoff and 2 keystones. She wrote me a ticket for an MIC but she wrote the date as 1/28/2010. So that would mean that this was in JANUARY of this year. Could I get this cancelled in any way?
Based on what you posted, not likely. Most courts (you didn't name your state) will allow the officer to amend a minor mistake such as this. Her error in writing the wrong date does not negate your admission that you drank alcohol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">