• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident now a court trial???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goddard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I am asking for a friend of mine that is really worried about what to do. He told me he is dirt poor and has had some bad luck in the past, but he is trying to clean up his record at least so he doesn't have to watch his back all the time.

He was in an accident apparently uninsured. I know incredibly stupid. Apparently the insurance company totaled the car and requested he pay all damages. At the time my friend was already in the process of filling for bankruptcy, but was trying to save enough money just for that.

Now he got court papers stating he needs to come to court for a complaint because of a claim of relief?

He is really worried he is going to jail or something because he couldn't pay. Well any way what does all this mean? Will he still be able to file bankruptcy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">