• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting a will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msweldy

Florida

Hello,

First let me say that it has been 20yrs since my father passed but I have read that there isnt a time limit for probation in my state.Ill try and keep it short but as usual I want to fully explain everything.

My mother passed away on my birthday in 1983.My father married his mistress and of course her an I didnt get along.My father passed in 1991.Right after his cremation Hilda(stepmother) said I needed to pay $500/mo rent or move out.I was 17 and going to school and worked for my father's company whicch was now closed.So first off I dont see how she can just throw me out of my house as a minor.

A new will was provided by her and I contested it with an attorney my father had used before.He basically said there wasnt anything to pursue and would be better left dropped.The will which I just located raises many suspicions to say the least.First,the top of the will is handwritten in pencil by my father with two paragraphs.The first is standard " I Robert S Weldy a resident of Orange Cty being of sound.....". The second is, 1. ASSSETS both real and tangible being divided by Hilda and myself.

Now here is where it starts looking funny to me.the next paragraphs are typed and the first being "7. Separate Writing under Fl Statutes 732.515(1977).I get from this that any other writing to not be valid.

The next paragraph is "In Witness Whereof",not signed(its a /S/ on line) and dated 20th day of September 1983,just a month after my mother passed and 2 years before he married Hilda.

The second page has just one paragraph starts off with State Of Florida County Of Seminole(we lived in Orange,never Seminole). We, Robert S Weldy and /S/ and /S/, the testator(tor is written in pencil above underscore.This continues within the paragraph.

It isnt signed ( /S/),the three witnesses are relatives of Hilda,again it is dated 20th day of September and notarized May 19,1986.

Years after this I become informed that the attorney I hired had married my father and Hilda.I also found out that my father was cheating on my mother while she was laying in a hospital bed dying of cancer,and she knew of my mother as she worked for my father.I also found papers from the attorney where he suggests I trade my car for my fathers war medals,pipe collection and mothers jewelry and family heirlooms.

I feel that I was wronged in so many ways and dont understand how this could have happened to a minor.I recently found out about stocks my father owns but I need to have Hilda involved and she receives half,I contacted her to get her to just sign off so I can collect but she wont.I didnt even get most of my belongings in 1991 when she kicked me out and she still wants half of what is still out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Thank You, Mark S. weldy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">