• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Assault Charges against my Fiance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stormy88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

In October, my fiance and I got into a fight. My mom was on the phone & didn't like him yelling at me so she called the police after my fiance tripped and fell into our front window. I, at the time thought he had body slammed the window on purpose, but he hadn't. He legitimately tripped. So my mother called the police, he ran before they came. I was upset, the officers took my statement, they thought he had hurt me because my neck was red. When I get upset, my skin turns blotchy and red. They took pictures of this, yet it was unrelated to the incident. My fiance and I cannot live a normal life with this warrant out. We are trying to find out as much information as possible before he turns himself in. The warrant is for simple assault in the state of Colorado. What can I do? Would it help if we were actually married? What can he do?

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

In October, my fiance and I got into a fight. My mom was on the phone & didn't like him yelling at me so she called the police after my fiance tripped and fell into our front window. I, at the time thought he had body slammed the window on purpose, but he hadn't. He legitimately tripped. So my mother called the police, he ran before they came. I was upset, the officers took my statement, they thought he had hurt me because my neck was red. When I get upset, my skin turns blotchy and red. They took pictures of this, yet it was unrelated to the incident. My fiance and I cannot live a normal life with this warrant out. We are trying to find out as much information as possible before he turns himself in. The warrant is for simple assault in the state of Colorado. What can I do? Would it help if we were actually married? What can he do?
You simply have your fiance turn himself in. Then you explain as you have in this forum that he didn't touch you--that the redness on your neck was a result of a manifestation of stress.

It doesn't seem probable that they can charge your fiance for anything because he didn't do anything. Technically, he didn't resist arrest since he wasn't there.

But as it is, he does have to answer to a warrant which he should and will. However, if all parties involved tell it like it is--that he didn't touch you resulting in red blotches on your neck, how can he possibly not prevail in any court hearing on the matter?

By the way, why did you let the officers take pictures of your neck if the redness was only a manifestation of stress? You have a right not to allow them to take pictures of you. I'm curious, please explain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">