• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asset Inventory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riggs20009

Asset Inventory Questions

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

1. Where can I review instructions on how to complete an Asset Inventory for NY State? I understand there to be a both a summary page and attachments. Are illustrative examples/models of properly completed inventories available?

2. Is it possible to get an extension if necessary?

More detail:

- One of my main questions is what level of detail is required in the inventory: account names/numbers, account type, dollar values, or greater detail such as specific equities held in a brokerage account?)
- I understand asset value is value on date of death. What level of rigor is required here? Is the value from an end of month statement sufficient? Or must it be the actual date for equities? Is a professional appraisal required for a family home or is some other fair appraisal acceptable?

(I also posted this question to the Probate forum. Apologies for the cross posting if inappropriate.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">