• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by semi and company is dragging their feet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrodieLeap

Virginia

On November 11, 2010 a semi rolled nearly 100 feet backward across and intersection into my small pickup. They're dragging their feet to take care of it. In fact, I'm getting the impression they're looking for a way out of it. All I want is what is owed to me. Which is roughly $900 in appraised damages.

I've talked to nearly 10 different people who keep bouncing me around to different companies and no real answers. I've wasted a ton of time trying to take care of the situation and if I have to take them to court I'd like to know what is entitled to me. What else can I sue them for in small claims because of their lack of cooperation. Again, my ultimate goal is the 900 in damages, but if I have to take it to court I hope they would owe me for my time.

I was not injured in the accident. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can sue in small claims court for your actual damages. Your time for such a suit is not compensable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">