• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Checking Attorney Background through Bar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chitapett

I'm writing from California regarding a Criminal Speeding Violation in Arizona.

I'm in the process of researching attorneys in the Tucson AZ area regarding representation on a Criminal Speeding Citation I received a short while ago. I've found someone that has been rated well by clients and peers on some of the websites available out there. I've contacted the Bar association and they have told me that there are 4 complaints filed again this attorney all of which were dismissed upon first review. I don't know the formal procedures but according to the AZ Bar telephone operator, when a complaint is filed against an attorney in the state of Arizona, by law the court is required to review the matter and then investigate if necessary. There is a high level review to determine if there is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation, then if applicable, an investigation is started. In this attorney's case, 2 of the four dismissed matters have been expunged and the other 2 are still on record. I'm in the process of getting those files sent to me for review. I don't think I have anything to worry about since the complaints seem to have been dismissed, however, I did want to ask for "YOUR" opinion/insight whether it is common for a lawyer to receive complaints and if not, whether "YOU" think I should have the reports sent to me @ .50 cents per page. To provide some perspective, the attorney has been practicing law for 11 years according to the AZ Bar Association.

Thanks in advance all!!

- Mike

Hot Topic

Anyone represented by a lawyer can file a complaint; however, the filing of a complaint doesn't necessarily mean that the complaint is valid. An individual in California once called to see if an attorney was "allowed" to call him a jerk.

A lot of people post on the forum thinking that they've been wronged when they haven't been.

All you can do is as much research as possible, then go by what the lawyer tells you and your "gut" feeling about the lawyer's competency.

latigo

For some inexplicable reason I can’t see how your choice of a lawyer to represent you in traffic court stands between you and eternal saintdom.

Pay the damn ticket and get on with your life. And try extending it by slowing down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">