• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petitioning to close a Trust early...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acp515

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My question is, do I have to have an attorney to petition the court to close a trust early or can I do this myself as the trustee, the trust matures next Feb (2012) but is only holding a small percentage of ownership in real estate, all the cash has been disbursed and we are still having to pay bonds, accting fees, etc. and it is very expensive. The commissioner said he has no issue with us closing early under the circumstances, and to to get my lawyer to petition to close the trust...that is another expense? Is this something I am able to do without a lawyer to save money and speed up the process. Thank you greatly in advance for any direction you can give me...

Happy 2011!
Anne

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">