• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Question....advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Duchesssammi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
About 2 months ago I was involved in a EXTREMELY Minor Car Accident..The roads were wet and slick and a woman stopped short in front of me - I slammed my brakes still tapped her back bumper at a speed of tops 6 miles per hour...there was NO damages At all. Not even a scratch. But the woman gets out of the car yelling that she needs a Case number....that she had an accident a few weeks ago where her rear end was on the ground...that is all she kept repeating over and over to me.... then the Officer gets there and asks where is the accident.... ok Officer SEES me checking my Brake fluid and putting in a HALF a bottle of brake fluid...I SAW him write down on a piece of paper Mechanical failure. HE did not give me a ticket at the scene but I get one in the mail about a week later -- Stating it was for "inattentiveness" needless to say I contested it...and I have a court date this coming Thursday... THEN according to my insurance company the woman I hit...is now claiming physical damages.... DO I -- Should I get a Lawyer????????? I am terrified that she is pulling a scam. I have NO money ....on top of all this My life has been hectic and stressful to say the least. My Mother in law just died and I am devastated - Her body is being flown from Florida to Cape Cod for Burial and I cannot even go because we have no money --- My husband is borrowing from his brother to get there.... Then we have a 355.80 Electric bill that we cannot pay. there is no way we cannot get blood from a stone. WE are barely able to pay our rent.,..we get food stamps and food from the local food bank. Where does it end??? I have been so sick to my stomach my headaches and deep Depression are killing me. I just wish I could crawl into a corner and die at times. Being Poor is the worst -- then my husband has been so sick no insurance so we cannot even find out what is wrong with him,,,so he can barely hold down a 20 hour a week job. I am on Full Disability and was told I will be having Spinal Surgery this month I find out when on Friday....

ecmst12

Your insurance will pay any damages you are liable for. You are 100% at fault and your assesment of "no damage" means diddly. This is why you have insurance.

However it is unlikely the ticket (which you deserved for causing the accident) will be dismissed and you will need to pay the fine if you don't want your license to be suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">