• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My car was hit by a drunkie in from of my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vccaro90

Some drunkie hit my father in laws car which hit mine which hit another car last night. by the time i was out there the police had already made a report and towed his car away. front and back bumpers and trunk are all messed up. The police gave me a case number. I didnt get his insurance info and my insurance company wants it. I only have liability so they wont pay for my car. Is there hope? Do i wait or take action?:confused:

ecmst12

What state are you in?

When the police report is ready, it should have the driver's insurance information if available.

Dave1952

It's may take a couple of days for the paperwork to get sorted out. Don't drop the ball, call the police every day and get the insurance info to your insurance agent. In the mean time, ask your agent about rental cars in your town. You'll probably need to pay for the car but you should get reimbursed if the other driver has insurance.

Good luck

ecmst12

His insurance doesn't need to be involved with his renting a car, he only has liability which means no rental coverage either. And since he's not even sure if the driver has insurance right now, he might not want to incur any expenses he can't afford to absorb.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">