• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother's trust underwater mortgage Wachovia refuses H.A.M.P. even though qualified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BRENDA IVEY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Bottom Line Summary

!)Sister has durable power of attorney. I was named trustee in Mom's will for the property I live on (financed thru her credit).

2) Mortgage underwater. All docs sent to Wachovia (originally world savings) showing authorization deed etc refused to talk to me. Unless sister sends authoriztion as sub trustee.

2) After she sends authorization Bank still refuses to help me even though I qualify for H.A.M.P.blatant Truth in lending Violations in orig Docs.

anteater

I don't know what the question is, but...

I was named trustee in Mom's will for the property I live on (financed thru her credit).
What does that mean? Is Mom alive? Who owns the property? And who is the mortgagor?

BRENDA IVEY

Apologies for my vagueness

Mom is deceased. Mortgage is in the name of the Trust of (Moms Name) . Mortgager is wacovia Originally financed through world sAVINGS IN 2008. i QUALIFY FOR h.A.MP. bUT THE REFUSE TO work with me. Seeking legal counsel. By the way the original loan is laden with truth in lending violations too

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Mom is deceased. Mortgage is in the name of the Trust of (Moms Name) . Mortgager is wacovia Originally financed through world sAVINGS IN 2008. i QUALIFY FOR h.A.MP. bUT THE REFUSE TO work with me. Seeking legal counsel. By the way the original loan is laden with truth in lending violations too
How do YOU qualify if the mortgage is not in your name?

FlyingRon

The bank is not the mortgagor. The trust is the mortgagor I suspect.
Next important question, who owns the property? If it's the trust, you don't qualify for HAMP.

Antigone*

We are not an attorney referral service.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">