• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxs on house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjmcandrews

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N w York State If I dont pay taxs on my mothers house. My sister lives there . She refuses to pay half the rent, I don't know if it is worth paying a upfront cap on geting this amount of money'; without and out and out fight, If I need a signature from her for agreement . forget it. She is the executor. She has never putthe will in probate. She put my mother through a great deal of duress. The Ihouse is under a living will and filed as a deed in both our names.

Dave1952

If you do not like the way that the executor is handling the estate ask for a new executor. You certainly may file for this in probate court. It shouldn't hurt too much to get an attorney.
I didn't understand your tax question. Since probate isn't done why should you pay taxes on the house?

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">