• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company non responsive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was involved in a 5 car fender bender back in Sept 09'. The party responsible had insurance and that insurance claimed responsibility and paid off my insurance company and the other cars involved. I paid my insurance company deductible of $1,000 to get my car fixed back in Sept because the car was unsafe to drive after the crash. I also had some minor injuries to my neck as I had a pre existing cervical disk degeneration. My medical expenses since the accident have been around $450. I am still experiencing moderate ear ringing which I did not have prior to accident. The doctors indicate I just have to live with it as the tests they have done do not indicate anything serious that requires immediate attention.

It's 4 months later and I can not get that guys insurance company to take my calls. I want to get them to pay my deductible and medical expenses. I told them I would like to settle this. They simply don't respond. Every few weeks I call and leave a message. I have left at least 8 messages over 3 months. My case is small, I don't think I can get a lawyer to take it. I just want them to compensate me for my $1,000 deductible and $450 in Medical costs. Is small claims where I need to be?

ecmst12

Your insurance company should have gotten your deductuble back for you when they settled your property damage claim. You should ask them about it before proceeding further.

justalayman

Your insurance company should have gotten your deductuble back for you when they settled your property damage claim. You should ask them about it before proceeding further.
true but just to make notice; OP is also seeking reimbursement for some medical expenses as well.

W

Willlyjo

Op...are you just assuming a lawyer won't take your case of did you make some calls to lawyers? You should be able to get your deductible back and compensated for "pain and suffering" as well as any doctor bills you had to pay as a result of the accident. And if you missed work because of your injury, you can recover lost wages too!

I have not talked to any lawyers. I Figured for $1,500 there in no lawyer who would take this as it would not be worth their time for 30% of $1,500 or however they do that.

I did not miss any work. I have not had any major problems from the injuries. I already have a crick neck and experienced what appeared to be minor whiplash. Since I already have disc dengerative disease, and my neck was sore the next day, I decide not to mess around and go get it checked out.

No major problems were found other than I now have ear ringing (titinitus) but it's not that bad and there are many things that cause that so it it would be hard to proove it was the accident.

I just want my deductible back and the expenses for the walk in clinic. I did not experience pain and suffering until I had to start dealing with this insurance company. Now I am experiencing pain and suffering :) I am looking to settle for $1,500. Is that a good deal for them?

Last edited:

justalayman

they will take it. It's just that it will be on an hourly basis which will eat up most, if not all of what you are seeking. Kind of a no win situation.

ecmst12

Since there were 4 other cars involved, it's possible you are looking at an over-limits situation. That's why I suggested you talk to your insurance company first.

I believe that your medical condition is called tinus? There are treatments for this but their effectiveness depends on the individual. Go see another doctor is my advice...I have the same problem :) I'm fine.

Now someone answer that damn door!

justalayman

I believe that your medical condition is called tinus? There are treatments for this but their effectiveness depends on the individual. Go see another doctor is my advice...I have the same problem :) I'm fine.

Now someone answer that damn door!

I believe you were thinking of tinnitus, not tinus.

Tinnitus is merely a symptom, not a disease in itself.

Since there are myriad causes, many of which are simply without any identifiable cause, the treatments are just as varied. If it is without diagnosable cause, it is often considered to be incurable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">