• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What would be the right thing to do here...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

br7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi Folks, Here is my story. My father got remarried about 20 years ago. My stepmother at times can be a good person but sometimes can be pretty wicked too. She is 20 years younger then my father and most likely to out live him. My father is getting up there in age. Awhile ago my father gave me a copy of his will. Its in a very well sealed envelope. He told me not to open it until he has passed. I feel when the “time” comes I might have a problem with my stepmother. I know nothing about the process . I don’t want to go against my fathers wish but would it be a good idea to open it and be better prepared? My stepmother is power of attorney and executor . I am second. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

curb1

Remember, your father can do what he wants with his assets. Your best bet at this point is to have a conversation with your father and make sure he has received guidance that reflects his wishes. The problem is that his wishes may, or may not, be in a form that is legally acceptable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">