• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking cash draw shortages out of your paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marie4angel

when i was first hired i was told to sign a statment (because of previous employee lotto ticket theft)that i agree to pay back shortages from lottery. after being employed their 2 years i decided to turn in my 2 week notice because i had found a better paying job. when iwent to recieve my last check she told me that ihad to pay back my cash shortage of 24.04.but she was unaware if it was short from lotto . the day she is saying i was short there was 2 others in my drawer and i came to work to find she had done the shift change without me(i therefore was unable to verify money as there)she has not made any body else pay back there shortage either. well after i informed her that iwas not paying that back she voided out my paycheck and wrote another deducting it from my check in with my tax deductions section . THIS CANT'T BE LEGAL?????????????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">