• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Safe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wenchris

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York, I have been taking care of my uncle for 21 years. He had gotten injured on his job and has had a good pension which he still receives. About 10 years ago he put me on his savings, checking, and investment accounts. (joint account) I am the beneficiary on his life insurance. I moved him out by me to be closer and he brought a condo and set up a living trust for the condo which I will receive when he passes. I always take him to Dr's and bring him groceries and dinner every night. He was just in the hospital and it did not look good for a few days. He is now recovering. My uncle wanted it set up this way to avoid probate. Is my uncle correct?, Am I safe? :confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

anteater

...and i know he is going to cause trouble (loves to sue)
One of the facts of life that we all have to learn to live with is that people who are determined to "cause trouble" can do so. There just isn't a 100% surefire way to prevent that.

wenchris

Also, none of his personal property, furniture, books, brick-a-brack, are listed anywhere. What is the best course to take with this? Not really worth much.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">