• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mental patients

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngprofesonal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

For those who know PA law:

I was charged with DUI/incapacitated for driving under the influence of marijuana four years ago. I had no cash at the time, and was forced to accept ARD. Now I have been charged with, Intentional Possession of Controlled substance, the substance was cocaine.
</br>
I was staying in a room in a group home for people with mental disorders and drug history, and was kicked out in August. I received papers in the mail, with the complaint and charges September.
</br>
Director(of group home) became suspicious(of use of illegal drugs). Staff member A and B searched his room, where they found bag with white powder. They gave it to the Director, who brought it to the police station. A test was positive for the presence of cocaine.
</br>
My lawyer told me that I would qualify for ARD, because it was, "not the same offense." Would an entrance into ARD four years prior for DUI automatically disqualify me from ARD for Int Poss Cont Sub person not registered Misdemeanor?

youngprofesonal

TTT, I am ready to fight this, any direction which may help me move towards a solution on this matter would be appreciated. I am at my wits end with the way I've been treated as a non-violent offender, isn't there anything that can be done to protect young mental patients from being abused in the legal system?

Proserpina

TTT, I am ready to fight this, any direction which may help me move towards a solution on this matter would be appreciated. I am at my wits end with the way I've been treated as a non-violent offender, isn't there anything that can be done to protect young mental patients from being abused in the legal system?

I'm sorry, but how exactly were you abused? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">