• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tessa14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was involved with a town cop who is and was married at the time.His wife found out about us and then her aunt started threatening me so my son-n-law went to the police department and reported it to an investigator and the police chief then investigator came to see me and had me to write a statement out detailing our affair and he was given a disc of some of chat sessions that took place while he was on duty.All of the times we met and engaged in sex was done while he was on duty.Me and my son-n-law were told by the investigator that we would have to be interviewed by the police chief but this never happened and the cop was never disciplned now this has been over a year ago since then this officer has went from being a town cop to a correction officer at the state prison which is located here in our town.How could he get a job like that if there was a complaint in his personnel record and do I have a legal claim against the police department since nothing was ever done.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was involved with a town cop who is and was married at the time.His wife found out about us and then her aunt started threatening me so my son-n-law went to the police department and reported it to an investigator and the police chief then investigator came to see me and had me to write a statement out detailing our affair and he was given a disc of some of chat sessions that took place while he was on duty.All of the times we met and engaged in sex was done while he was on duty.Me and my son-n-law were told by the investigator that we would have to be interviewed by the police chief but this never happened and the cop was never disciplned now this has been over a year ago since then this officer has went from being a town cop to a correction officer at the state prison which is located here in our town.How could he get a job like that if there was a complaint in his personnel record and do I have a legal claim against the police department since nothing was ever done.

What exactly do you want to happen?

You were fully complicit in this affair, yes?

Did he dump you?

tessa14

For several months I kept telling him no and he kept messaging me and he started folllowing me around and no I ended it because he started being too controlling.I want to know if I can hold the department responsible for never doing anything to him or continuing with the investigation.

Proserpina

For several months I kept telling him no and he kept messaging me and he started folllowing me around and no I ended it because he started being too controlling.I want to know if I can hold the department responsible for never doing anything to him or continuing with the investigation.

If you didn't do anything at the time, there's nothing you can do now except perhaps report his behavior.

He is no longer doing anything, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">