• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wfk122npd

I have posted a previous question under "do i have to give my name?". I have only recived two replies.

A police officer wanted my name because somebody filed a compl against me. He told me he needed my information so he could issue them a compl if they wanted to press charges. I refused he asked several times. Finally he placed me under arrest. I did resist.

I have been told different things by a few different lawyers. A couple say I do not have to give my name and there is nothing the police can do about it. Three have told me that I don;t have to give my name but the police can then take me in for identification purposes.

The police told me that if I did not answer the door there would be nothing they could have done but since i invited them in and they were investigating a compl against me i was obligated to give my name so the other person could sign a compl if they desired.

This happened in Ohio.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">