• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident/Subrogation company Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GeorgiePorgie

Nevada

I was in a car accident in 2007 in California. I live in Nevada. I hired an attorney that practices in both states because I did not want ANY repercussions of exactly what is happening now. The case closed a couple of years ago. A subrogation company has now sent me a letter requesting access to my medical, Lawyer, basically all files regarding the accident. The Subrogation Company works for the medical insurance I have thru my employer. A couple of questions:
After the case closed, I have been to various Drs for back and neck pain that is not related to the accident. Can this company legally come after me for these charges?
Was my Lawyer required to make sure that my insurance company was paid on my behalf?
Is there a statue of limitations on an Auto accident/this situation?
Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">