• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Rental Insurance wont pay for stolen car!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lance williams

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I rented a car from a rental company. The car and keys were stolen. The car was recovered with damages about a week or two after I reported it to the police and rental company. I signed up for the insurance offered by the car company but they are telling me that because the keys were stolen then they won't pay and are billing me over $3000. Is there anything I can do since this is obviously something not highlighted in the renatal agreement.

ecmst12

I would ask for a copy of the terms of the insurance that you purchased to see if this situation is actually excluded or not.

You Are Guilty

If the keys were "stolen" because you left them in the car, then I can almost guarantee that insurance won't cover you. But get a copy of the full policy to check for certain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">