• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HAVEN'T SEEN THE MONEY YET!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CJBLUES

my ex boyfriend and i are both from ny. in february he and i took a "valentines day" trip to disney world. we had a verbal agreement that i'd pay for the food and disney tickets and he'd pay for the hotel and the car rental. in addition to his debt his mom had me wire him $200 as a favor to her, more money which i have not seen. i've heard promises to pay back what's owed, but still haven't seen any money. all of the expenses were put on my credit card because he does not have a credit card. we've taken trips in the past and he has always paid me back. i told him if i had to i'd take him to court, to which he said i didn't have a case because we didn't have a written agreement. his mom is aware of the verbal agreements and friends of mine have had phone conversations with my ex to which he admits owing me money. i have receipts for the car rental. the original hotel receipt is in his possession. he refused to give it to me claiming the debt was his responsibility. now his mom will have to move from their current address. he is a college student just like me. my concern is not getting the money back and not being able to contact either the mom or son once they move. what action should i take? how do i go about taking legal action? do i have a case. all i have are emails i sent to him in regard to the trip. he refused to sign anything written in regard to the money owed.

pleaaaaase help me.

L

lawrat

File in small claims court.

Go to State Law Center on this site. Click small claims and go from there. Notarized affadavits, in case your witnesses cannot make the hearing; the emails; receipts, your credit card history (call credit card company and get the bill copy) and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">