• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atpeace

California

Hello

I had a prescription for marijuana and it expired. I totally forgot as I have not purchased any for several months. Today I went to my regular store and made a purchase. They asked me for my script and I told them I do not have it which I did not but I was sure was updated. They sold me product but asked me to bring it in on the next visit.

Upon arriving home I called the doctor who prescribed it to me the last 3 years. They looked it up and sure enough it expired back in October 2010. So i set an appointment for tomorrow early am with the doctor. Afterwords I called the store and explained this. I offered to return the product as I never even opened the bag. They said to simply bring in the script when I get it. Any suggestions?

atpeace

ya, bring in the script when you get it and don't get caught with the pot until you have a script.
What if the store gets in trouble for any reason and they find in their books they sold me with no valid script?

OR

What if the store owner finds out what his employee did and report it?

Thanaks

CdwJava

California

Hello

I had a prescription for marijuana and it expired.
Correction, you had a RECOMMENDATION ... one cannot write a prescription for marijuana.

Upon arriving home I called the doctor who prescribed it to me the last 3 years. They looked it up and sure enough it expired back in October 2010. So i set an appointment for tomorrow early am with the doctor. Afterwords I called the store and explained this. I offered to return the product as I never even opened the bag. They said to simply bring in the script when I get it. Any suggestions?
Show them the recommendation when you get it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">