• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother in Trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Worried Sister

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A few months ago my brother was in a one car accident. No one else was hurt and there was no property damage. Unfortunately he was high at the time. He was charged with possession of marijuana and has been waiting for a court date. My family hadn't heard anything from the cops, the bail bondsman or anybody else.

He was just arrested again for destroying evidence because he ate the marijuana. He was completely honest with the cops about being high and eating the drugs. The cops put an arrest warrant out on him and we were never contacted.

He is currently 19 was 18 when this happened and never been in trouble before.

How much trouble is he in.

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A few months ago my brother was in a one car accident. No one else was hurt and there was no property damage. Unfortunately he was high at the time. He was charged with possession of marijuana and has been waiting for a court date. My family hadn't heard anything from the cops, the bail bondsman or anybody else.

He was just arrested again for destroying evidence because he ate the marijuana. He was completely honest with the cops about being high and eating the drugs. The cops put an arrest warrant out on him and we were never contacted.He is currently 19 was 18 when this happened and never been in trouble before.

How much trouble is he in.

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why would the police contact you about an arrest warrant for another adult. Do two things for your brother, get him an attorney and rehab.

CavemanLawyer

My guess is that by "destroying" the marihuana you mean he tried to eat it. That is actually a 3rd degree felony of Tampering with Physical Evidence. It is punishable by anywhere from 2 years to 10 years in prison or up to 10 years probation. He needs to get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">