• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do u think will happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keyshawn19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I rear ended someone going 2 mph on a yield ramp..when i asked if they were ok..the man claimed he was fine..but the woman said her back and neck hurt..soooo they ended up calling the cops..who got an ambulance..the emts even said due to the lack of damage done to my car..hardly nothing..and the paint that was chipped on theres..something wasnt right...jersey mikes workers said they saw the lady fully turning around in her seat...so shes just trying to make a quick buck...now i got a careless driving ticket..and i have to go to court..i plan on fighting this..cause even though i rear ended em..it was at 2mph...and i told my insurance company..no damage was done to my car...and only paint chippage was done on theres..i mean how can she suffer an injury like that? i plan on fighting it..as for my rates going up..will they? and what about the deductible..im lost on what to do..i was supposed to get my rate dropped 45.00 lower next week..thanks..

justalayman

while her injuries may or may not be real, I can attest that an accident, even at 2 mph, can result in injury to a person. I know a person that was involved in a very similar accident that has had over $100,000 of medical treatment. Granted, it was not a typical situation but it can happen.

My friend was not aware of any injury at the time of the accident. The next day, there was a diagnosis of mild whiplash but the expensive injury had nothing to do with the whiplash. It was an injury that only became known once it actually started healing and causing nerve impingement.

and just so you don't think my friend was scamming; I, personally, saw pictures taken during the operations that showed the injuries that were quite evident to me, a layman in the medical field.

So, bottom line; you it them. Regardless of whether there was any damage or not, the ticket is proper. You will simply have to wait to see if there actually was any injury.

keyshawn19

my head went through a windshield months ago..i didnt even attempt to sue..everyone is so sue happy..its retarded..give me a break..the lady was fine..she was twisting and turning in her seat..jerseymike workers said so...

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

glad to see they have guys with medical degrees working as "jersey mikes" now-a-days.

Let me give you another example; a friend of mine's father was riding a motorcycle. A car cut him off and he laid it down. He situated himself so he did'g get all road rashed. The motorcycle wheels hit the side of the car quite equally. Suspension compressed and rebounded. Rider got up off the ground and walked around.

Ambulance shows up and since the rider had a few scrapes on him (and a trashed motorcycle) he went to the hospital to get fixed up. He even rode in the jump seat sitting up.

When he got there they X-rayed him.

diagnosis; fractured spine

what you see at the accident can be very misleading.

Not saying she was hurt. Just saying you can't determine it from what you see at the scene all the time.

ecmst12

Also, YOU can't fight her claim. Your insurance company will investigate and attempt to settle based on the evidence. But if she received treatment, then she was injured and they will pay her something. This is what you have insurance for.

I suspect that when your head went through the windshield it was your fault, so there wasn't anyone you COULD receive compensation from.

OHRoadwarrior

I have to say ditto to justalayman. Don't assume 2mph cannot cause such an injury. I realize you are upset that she may be scamming. From personal experiences, yes plural, even if she is seriously injured in the manner you mentioned, she will probably end up on the losing end financially in the long run no matter what, assuming most likely outcomes.

Also, YOU can't fight her claim...
First, I never have disagreed with ecmst....
There are things you can do. Consult with a good lawyer. Talk to a few private investigators. Listen to their advice.
Take a day with your camera and do some investigating of your own....

Just don't do anything harrasing or illegal...

ecmst12

Pointless to waste your time and money - that is why you pay your insurance company. Your insurance company has no obligation to accept any investigation that you personally do and a court won't either, since you are an involved party and have an interest in the outcome. And you certainly don't want to pay a PI - if that's warrented, your insurance company will do it. For the size of the claim we are probably talking about, it would not be worth it to look that deep. They will review the medical bills and as long as they seem reasonable, they will make an offer. If they do NOT seem reasonable (over-treating or over-charging), they will make a smaller offer.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
i was supposed to get my rate dropped 45.00
lower next week..thanks..
Don't plan on that reduction - when you rear-end another car, you are considered at fault. Your insurance company isn't going to reward you be lowering your premium.

keyshawn19

from the windshield accident..i didnt attempt to do anything..other than get my hospital bills paid for..for the testing they did for the concussions and all.. am i able to hire a lawyer though cause of the incident..he hit a parked car..its been almost a year...what kinda action can i take? i was in the passenger seat...how could it have been my fault? what can i do about that situation

justalayman

Seatbelt is irrelevent. Most likely the SOL is not up yet, you could talk to a lawyer about it.
Really? Taking an action that would have minimized your injuries is irrelevant? While it would not relieve the driver of all liability, it is definitely a mitigating factor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">