• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug charges and legal firearms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thentherewas111

Washington State

I was just curious about something and I wasn't sure where to go to find the answers. Say you were growing marijuana and you had bought a gun legally previously for home defense. Then you get arrested for growing and they notice the firearm. Can they increase the charges somehow because of the firearm? Or are there a set of circumstances that have to be met for that to occur?

HomeGuru

Washington State

I was just curious about something and I wasn't sure where to go to find the answers. Say you were growing marijuana and you had bought a gun legally previously for home defense. Then you get arrested for growing and they notice the firearm. Can they increase the charges somehow because of the firearm? Or are there a set of circumstances that have to be met for that to occur?
**A: generally if the firearm is legally registered etc. the growing charge would be the only charge. But if you are growing not for personal use only but to sell as a dealer, there could be other ramifications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">