• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CONNECTICUT ticket for expired registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LJD23

I was picking my niece up from her friends house when I got stopped by a police officer. Apparently my registration expired and I didn't know it. The officer initially gave me a 'summons to court' complaint saying that if i paid my registration and got that taken care of, when I go to court they will throw it out. He then showed up at my house with the tow truck saying he spoke with his sargeant and that they wanted to cut me a break and 'throw me a bone' so he took back the summons and gave me a ticket for 119 dollars and said just pay that and get your registration updated and you will be all set. No need for court.

The ticket says "Did commit the following infractions: Operating unreg. vehicle 14-12(a)"

What is going on here? I am so confused? Should I just pay the ticket? What is all this switching of paperwork stuff? Will this go against my driving record? Will my insurance go up because of this?

Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">