• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manufacture/Intent to Distribute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tara1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hello, I'm in the state of Virginia and I'm really worried about a friend of mine so was hoping to get some advice. Please help if you can and thank you in advance.

My friend has a previous conviction of accommodation (drug related), and that was in 2002. He now has class u felony charge of intent to distribute. The officer has him on 4 controlled buys. This would be the second charge, so even with a lawyer is there any chance at all he won't get jail time? Maybe probation, community work, etc....? I'm really worried about his mental state. I do know that he was wrong in what he was doing, and that he should be responsible, and will be whatever happens. The reason I am worried though, is because my friend suffers from a long history of depression, and has severe sleep apnea. Again not an excuse, but just the facts of the situation.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">